Sunday, May 15, 2011

Summer Snood

Several hours on a plane can make someone go snood crazy.  My snood is based on this pattern and it is pretty easy to work up.  Unfortunately it takes more than one skein of Royale Metallic Silver Crochet Thread, size 10 which I learned the hard way.  Luckily there was a Micheal's in Las Vegas.  It was hilarious when I gave them my zip code, let's just say they had never gotten it before!  Anyway I got the entire thing whipped up in less than three days of sporadic work except for the last row where you crochet in the elastic.  Frankly after a cockroach decided to run around my new project while trying to avoid capture and the eventual flush, I'm not exactly sure I want to put the finishing touches on it.  However it does look extremely cute!!  So maybe after hand washing it, I will put in the elastic.  :D

June 1, 2011 Update:
Here it is all pretty and finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment