Sunday, August 7, 2011

In a strange series of events we discovered that one of my summer coworkers has an irrational fear of octopi and squid.  And in an absentminded attempt at being nice one of my other coworkers made us all summer-ish name tags.  Unfortunately they were beach themed and had octopi on them.  So for terrorizing my coworker, I made the name-tag-giver a squishy octopus for her to take home.


This is my first crocheted hat, a beanie with the colors of the Green Bay Packers!  (I could care less but the guy I made it for was on cloud nine just thinking of football).  I mean what do you crochet for men?!  No matter how well you know them and how much you stalk their fb page, there are very few options for a quick gift.  Afghans are fine, but squishy octopi are not.  So a hat is a combo of stylish and practical that a guy could like... right?  Or maybe it just gets their hat covered in hair gel and their expertly styled hair is all messed up.  Whatever... he better appreciate my 3 hours spent on this hat!



A scarf specialty crocheted for my boss who visited a university.  He was so happy to get this little piece of memorabilia that I still get random text messages from wherever he is with it on display. 

No comments:

Post a Comment