Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bad News Bears

So this week I have been particularity bad.  Instead of working on my brother's Christmas Present I *gasp* started another afghan.  Yes, this is one of the projects I've been dying to start since Christmas when I found this gorgeous Caron One Pound Yarn, Ocean 611.  So I'm making a giant Granny Square with lots of squares within squares with various Caron Yarns I found in my collection, Midnight and Azure are reused from the Catan Afghan while Cape Cod Blue came from my knit Afghan as well as my sister's crochet afghan.  This way I'm going to have a really big (king-sized bed) blue afghan!
Now since this is a Granny Square I was warned that the middle part works up really fast because the square is so little but as you spiral around it, every row takes more and more time and yarn.  However after two days of crocheting I can't wait to get started again!  I decided that each color stripe will be 15 rows across, nice and thick.  So this is what I have so far:

No comments:

Post a Comment