Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Afghans Abound!

After going to JoAnn's and picking up another couple of pounds of yarn, I finished the third stripe which was a little over a pound of Cape Cod Blue.  That is an incredible amount of yarn for 15 measly rows!  Then I picked up my lightest blue which is really pretty next to the mid colored blue.  Unfortunately after crocheting nearly 7/8 a pound of yarn I only got 7 out of 15 rows done before running out of yarn!!  I just crocheted 2 pounds of yarn in three days!  I think I have an addiction.  This means another run to JoAnn's!  So basically I'm putting off the new Granny Square afghan in favor of the yet unfinished Settlers of Catan Afghan.  Luckily most of my homework can be in the form of audio books so this addiction isn't too bad--right?  On the Catan Afghan, I'm averaging about two hexagons an hour once I really get going, which is a better than my previous hexagon per hour.  That's thanks to all of the Buffy and Angel for the practice.  I've really increased my speed but now I have to find Buffy season 5 and Angel season 2!  YAY!!! But for now, back to crocheting and audiobooks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment