Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Something Old and Something Blue

While looking for old clothes to donate I ran across some of my old crafting projects.  Before sending them off to a nice home, I needed to document their awesomeness.

This is the second knitting project and scarf that I ever made.  It was an experiment transitioning between different needle types and yarns.  It's also my first crochet project since I edged it with a basic slip stitch.  However back then I was working on  zero knowledge of what crocheting was and I thought I was being inventive.  Least to say I had to rework the edge of the binding before I could donate it, although it does make a very good scarf!




Years later but still years ago, this project is a little clutch that I made to go to my first formal.  It almost matches my dark maroon dress, although it ultimately proved more practical to just bring a little black clutch than this furry contraption.  It was made on the smallest kniffty knitter hoop with dark purple Caron yarn and an evening color funfur.  The handle was a maroon ribbon that was quad braided into a nice clutch.  This was actually made over winter break in January 2010.


No comments:

Post a Comment