Sunday, June 19, 2011

Big Blue

From humble beginnings as a mere 12 inch square this afghan has grown into something Big and Blue in 155 days (that's about 5 months!) each colored blue Caron yarn is 15 rows in a granny square pattern.  It is approximately --- inches across although the corners are a little stretched out so it's actually a little bigger.  This afghan is almost too big for a king sized bed!!  I'd have to weigh it to make sure but I used about nine or ten POUNDS of yarn! My only regret is the visibility of the dye lots in the lightest blue yarn.  I wish I had put in a middle row of a darker color to break up the two different colored Azures.  So much for Caron yarns not having dye lots!  Regardless there is no way in hell that I am ever EVER going to rip out all those rows to fix it.  Clearly it was an artistic choice, like pairing off white with white.  I must have subtly wanted to pair the lighter Azure with the Cape Cod while the blue gray Azure meets the Ocean Blue and the Midnight Blue makes a great border to the entire afghan.  So it was all on purpose... clearly...   :D

This is an aerial view of a king sized bed, notice anything blue and afghan-ish about it?


Too big for business, the stretched out corner of this afghan can reach the ground when there isn't anyone under the covers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment