Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tribble Triumph Hat!

So I completely lost my G-hook so I can't finish my big God Penguin until I either replace it or find it... also I'm almost out of white yarn... I think I can finish the YED Penguin with my original yarn and then I can switch over to the white yarn that I have to buy today for the God Penguin.  I also need to pick up some yellow yarn for the YED so I can see if I have enough white yarn to finish the job.  I <3 JoAnne's and their online coupons!

Since I couldn't work on my penguins I started the much awaited beard/mustache hat of doom!  At first I was so discouraged by the mere idea of working with fun fur... it was hard enough when you're knitting and KNOW where the stitches are!  But since I have pretty big stitches (due to my I-hook) the fun fur is relatively easy to crochet!  I paired it with a pound of Caron's black yarn to add some weight and warmth to the hat.  Together they're going great!  I'm just doing a basic hat pattern and then starting the beard/back of the hat when the pattern calls for ear flaps... it doesn't look too hard and so far the hat looks like a fantastic tribble!!!!!!!  :D

Pics coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment