Friday, August 13, 2010

Arts and Crafts Time!

A few weeks ago I went to the Great Lakes Medieval Renn Faire and of curse I had to get dressed up.  Unfortunately it was HOT so I didn't feel like wearing my full length medieval dress which is also fairly heavy and gets muddy.  This meant I had to get inventive... What Would I Wear?  I found my new blue party dress and my sister's fairy wings.  Things were looking pretty good!  For footwear I needed something sparkly so what's easier than spray painting a pair of old white flats silver?  Not much unless you don't have silver spray paint that is!  I have to say that after all of my old HS art projects I'm not bad at spray painting odd things.  Now I just need a spray can of Crystal Clear and time to spray on a waterproof coating.  Unfortunately the spray paint does wear off in the mud and the rain but usually only the bottom of the sides of the shoe but that's what another coating of spray paint is for!
Since you have to get all sides of the shoe you have to stick your hand inside to hold it... and of course it also happens to be a lot of fun to walk around with a silver hand!
I swore I already posted a picture of my fun cocktail dress but apparently not. So here it is!  Just imagine it with massive full size wings and the silver shoes... PRESTO!  That's my fairy costume!

No comments:

Post a Comment