Thursday, August 12, 2010

One Picture Says it All

So I was so Excited after doing the detail work on this block that I had to snap a picture and post it as soon as I was done!
Sheep.jpg


The sheep was more of a challenge that it looked but I have some really nice fuzzy white yarn that I just finished washing, drying, and balling which made great wool.  At first the plan was to simply embroider a cloud shape then stick some legs and a head on it.  Then the plan progressed to French Knots which would have given great texture but proved to be too small for this project (they did make a great tail and eye though!)  After that I needed some inspiration and my mother pulled out her old book, Crewel Embroidery by Erica Wilson so we could look at different types of stitches!  The Bullion Knots worked fantastically giving the woolly sheep an appearance of fuzzy tangles!    Last minute, I added a fuzzy River just for kicks, with some scrap yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment