Friday, May 7, 2010

Catch It If You Can

So my inspiration for this blog was to crochet with metal wire a Golden Snitch (yes that is from Harry Potter); however, when I saw the pattern I was immediately reminded of the Greek God Mercury and his winged shoes.  Well I didn't crochet a pair of shoes and in fact it's a good thing I didn't because the picture didn't really look like the results.  I'm debating whether it was a problem because I used wire (it probably isn't), I read the directions wrong (once again I refuse to consider this), or the directions were incorrect (that sounds more like it!)  So here's what it was supposed to look like (the wings were the part that reminded me of Mercury):
The following is my version of the golden snitch pattern which is supposed to remind me of Mercury, the Roman Messenger God (sorry for the quality my camera connection cords have run off somewhere!):


"Here they come again, mmmm-mm-mm
Catch us if you can, mmmm-mm-mm
Time to get a move on, mmmm-mm-mm
We might yell with all of our might
Catch us if you can!"

~Dave Clark Five "Catch Us If You Can"

No comments:

Post a Comment