Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Crafting Critters

This blog has sort of been slipping and I want to turn it into more of a day-by-day update of craftdom then a when I get something finished post it kind of blog.  So right now I have a bunch of projects in the works and way too many on the to do list... wait is that possible?! Too many crafts?  I've been focusing on my Loch Ness monster/dinosaur.  I say it like this because although I have intended it to be Nessie and have always thought of her as a sea creature I was informed that she looks more like a dinosaur or dragon.  She told me it looked like "that video game animal that found all a lot of jewels."  Translation: Spyro the Dragon.  I think I could convert the pattern so that it is Spyro... I would have to add horns, wings, another set of paws, and make the ridge spikier.  Anyway she's almost done: head, body, tail, ridge are all made and stitched together.  I have also made her haunches and feet but the problem is I think the feet are too big... lets just say that currently they are the size of her head and half the size of her tail!  This might require a trip to my Grandma's, who has the archetype amigurumi, before she is finally completed.

On another fiber arts note, I just bought a pretty white dress!!!  What does this have to do with the arts you may ask?  Well, who wants to wear a white dress? It's time for dyeing!  I think I'll dye the bottom dark purple and then transition it to a light purple at the top.  Hopefully it doesn't turn out too stripy!  Anyhow pictures and whatnot coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment