Saturday, May 8, 2010

Hippity Hop Kangaroosker!

I have started to crochet a kangaroo.  Although its not quite finished it looks like it will be fantastic!  Over Spring break I traveled up to New York and visited my grandmother who I got my crafty genes from.  Although she is now predominantly a quilter, she still has a plethora of patterns, hooks, and needles that I could shuffle through and find my favorites.  This kangaroo pattern is one of the oldies but true coming from a magazine back in the olden times.  This toy already has devious intentions.  In a few more months my friend who is currently in Australia will be welcomed back by a adorable plushy kangaroo hurtling at her head.  To reflect the ruff and tumble ideas of Australia I'm going to update the pattern a little bit and leave off the cutesy flower basket and baby joey, but it will still make a great toy!

My Kangaroo is coming along admirably, in fact he is nearly finished!  Yet I have run into a small problem.  The crochet pattern that I am using is a photocopy from a magazine from over 20years ago; this would be perfectly fine except that it references another pattern in the magazine.  A pattern I don't have.  Unfortunately it looks like I will have to free hand the feet of the kangaroo without directions!

No comments:

Post a Comment