Saturday, May 8, 2010

Getting Taller All the Time

This week I gave in and took a request from one of my friends; I crocheted Mr. Turtle a top hat.  Yes, a top hat.  I stumbled upon the pattern on Ravelry, a website library and store of patterns, when I was looking for a crochet pattern for the Mad Hatter top hat.  Then I found this little top hat pattern which was originally designed for the groom in Corpse Bride.  Today I'm also going to introduce you to a newish term: Amigurumi.  This is the word, with Japanese origins, that describes crocheted or knitted animals or toys. They are usually cute and cuddly.  To convey this impression they typically have large heads and bodies combined with stubby limbs.  A large number of them are sold on Etsy, another crafting website similar to eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment